Monday, June 6, 2011

2011 Kanga Cup Update

On my arrival back to Canberra I have contacted Travel Care Travel Agent to book the tickets for the team and the travel agent has asked me for the exact names as in the Passports as we were going to incur extra charges if the names were incorrect so I have emailed Hans requesting the names and the reply I got was on the 11th of May that he did not have the names and we have to wait till 17th of May when Manfred comes back from Germany. On the 18th of May I managed to get in touch with Manfred via Facebook to find out that the passport applications were not made. I have been told that the person in charge that was suppose to follow that matter whilst he was in Germany and unfortunately nothing happened. I have reminded Manfred that time was running out getting the plane tickets if we leave it too late and also the Australian visa applications take minimum 6 weeks as well so time was running out fast. He assured me that he was going to get a move on .

I have contacted the travel agent to ask the airline to keep the unnamed booked tickets for another week as we did not have the names yet. I have informed Mr Adam Castle from Capital Football of the situation and asked him to try to ask their contact in the emigration department to see if we can shorten the expected minimum 6 weeks to abut 4 weeks as we may not be able to make it in time.

On the 24th of May Manfred told me that it was looking promising and they were going to get the passports by the 20th of June and we got excited again for another day or two only to be told that wasn't the case as there were no Parent release forms and that was going to delay the applications.

The travel agent contacted us on the 27th of may to ask us what was going on as we needed to give the names or we loose the 20 seats the airline was holding for us

As a last ditch attempt on the 28th of June I have contacted a family friend in Cebu Mr. John Li to see if he can use his influence but due to the fact that the new electronic Passports take a minimum 4 weeks to make there was no chance for the passports to be completed in time for the Kanga Cup this year.

Words can't describe our disappointment as we sent the official Kanga Cup invite on the 30th of March and that was more than enough time to get the passports and we feel let down as we were promised by Manfred that he was going to organise the passports and we understand that he was sick and had to go to Germany for treatment and supposedly the person that did not follow that matter as he was instructed whilst Manfred was overseas. Still I believe is important you get the right people to to the job and monitoring is very important part of running an Organisation.

I would like to apologise to Adam Castle from Capital Football for all the inconvenience and thank him for all his support and understanding. Our apologies go to the people of Canberra for not being able to deliver on our promise this year. We'll make sure that won't happen and a team will come to play next year.

Finally this was a good lesson for us , we have learned a lot and next time we will be more vigilant less complacent and try to cover all our bases when it comes to reliance on other peoples assurances.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog.

    Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

    I am very much interested in adding http://pinoyfootball.blogspot.com/ in my blog http://southafrica-2010-fifa-worldcup.blogspot.com/.

    I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

    I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

    Hope to see a positive reply.

    Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

    Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys check out this blog http://www.powcast.net/ , its really nice

    ReplyDelete